Time Until Event
Seminole Hard Rock Poker Rock ‘n’ Roll Poker Open Begins November 16 with First-Time South Florida Event
$360 Buy-In, $1 Million Guarantee Kicks-Off The Action and $2 Million Guaranteed Championship Headlines Series with Live Streaming Expanded to Include Preliminary Tournaments Broadcast With Hole Cards and Commentary.
HOLLYWOOD, Fla. (October 4, 2016) – Poker action returns to the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, Fla. from Nov. 16 – 30, 2016 with the Seminole Hard Rock Poker (SHRP) Rock ‘n’ Roll Poker Open (RRPO). The poker community will come together once again at the AAA Four Diamond-rated resort for a 15-day, 14-tournament series highlighted by a $3,500 buy-in, $2 million guaranteed Championship.
Sharing the spotlight is the $360 buy-in, $1 million guaranteed opener, the first event in Florida poker history to offer a seven-figure guarantee at this price point. “We look forward to presenting a product that’s never been offered in this region,” said Tony Burns, Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino tournament director. “The idea that one or more players could turn a modest $360 investment into a six-figure score is something we’re very excited about.”
The series will also feature a $50,000 buy-in High Roller. The event, also new to the series, is structured as a one-day Turbo. “After experiencing strong turnouts at previous Seminole Hard Rock Poker $25,000 High Roller events, we received feedback from local, high-limit players that encouraged us to add the $50,000 tournament on our schedule,” said Bill Mason, director of poker at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino. “We expect to draw some of the games’ most elite.”
Another first for Seminole Hard Rock Poker will be a series of tournaments livestreamed by Poker Night in America. Historically, Poker Night in America only streamed Championships and cash games. Complete with commentary and hole cards, the live streaming will be comprised of featured tables during the early stages of play and final table coverage during the late stages of play.
The new schedule includes a total of 10 days of broadcasting online at www.SHRPO.com. (Schedule is tentative and subject to change.)
- Sunday November 20 – $1,000,000 guarantee feature table/final table
- Monday, November 21 – $1,000,000 guaranteed final table (if applicable)
- Tuesday, November 22 – $50,000 High Roller feature table/final table
- Wednesday, November 23 – $250,000 guarantee feature table/final table
- Friday, November 25 – Poker Night in America high roller cash game
- Saturday, November 26 – Poker Night in America ladies night cash game
- Sunday, November 27 – $2,000,000 guaranteed Championship feature table
- Monday, November 28 – $2,000,000 guaranteed Championship feature table
- Tuesday, November 29 – $2,000,000 guaranteed Championship feature table
- Wednesday, November 30 – $2,000,000 guaranteed Championship final table
The $2 Million Guaranteed Championship will be broadcast on CBS Sports network as part of Poker Night in America’s “The Final Table.”
Poker hotel rates are available at $139 Sunday-Thursday and $189 Friday and Saturday. Players are encourage to book through www.SHRPO.com. For more information, call 954-327-ROCK or 800-937-0010. Visit us online at www.seminolehardrockhollywood.com, or follow us on Facebook: @SeminoleHardRockHollywood, Twitter: @HardRockHolly, Instagram: @HardRockHolly